Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Email Investment

August 26, 2009: My good friend Matthew Perry and I often correspond by email. We feel it's a fine practice, as we can't stand the sight of each other, but still like to stay in touch.

Many, many words -- and much wit and wisdom -- pass ephemerally through the esoteric airwaves of cyberspace, only to end up deleted and forgotten at some point. (I delete his words promptly, as they often just annoy me.) So much time and attention is invested in our communication, and to what end? As a writer, I've often asked myself what the point was.

So it seemed prudent to finally start this strange process of "blogging," and thanks to the fine people at -- (and you see, here I'm fearful to mention their names, as it might violate their policy or something) -- I'm happy to say that my thoughtful words will no longer be wasted on that cad. (Please understand, I think a great deal of Matt, but I'm still waiting for him to return my lawnmower, which he borrowed in the early 1990's.)

So let the blogging begin. (What an awful word!)

2 comments:

  1. You owe me seven hundred dollars for my role in The Acting Bug. If you don't remit post-haste, I shall be forced to lay violent hands upon your pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you might want to consider blagging instead of blogging...check this out:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blag

    ReplyDelete